Monday, November 16, 2009

Duke and Summer story

He's there sitting in front of the mirror, practicing his words over and over.
and all of the sudden he's having flashback.
He was going to the ball, where his little kingdom was invited.
he never like a party or stuff like that, the fact that he couldn't dance. but his father asked him to come, and he respects his old man so much. so here he is, in the neighbor-kingdom-ball he could not even remembered the name.
Okay, it's already at least half an hour and I still have 3 more hours to pass, and by the 12 I'll have my own freedom. I just have to survive a little longer, he said to himself.
Standing all alone in the corner of the hall, watching people dancing, laughing, drinking champagne -- well, at least he's drinking too only he's got no partner. Oh wait he's not alone. There's this person, standing too and doing exact like him. So he come closer. "Hi" greet Duke. "Hi too" replied the person.
"So, the party makes you bored I suppose" said Duke.
"well, not really. I'm just not a party person"
"I'm Duke by the way, and what yours if I might know?"
"Athena" with warmest smile Duke ever seen
Duke : "Wow, pretty name you have there. Nice to meet you"
Athena : " Thanks. Nice to meet you too Duke"
after long conversation they had, the clock's ticking 12 times. and that means the party is over.
Athena : "I guess it's a sign for us to go"
Duke : "Yes. Or they will force us to stay over in their rooms. Thanks Athena, I couldn't pass this party if I haven't chat with you."
Athena : "Back at you Duke. It's rare to have a man to chat with."
Duke : "So, see you?"
Athena : "See you when I see you"
Since then, they often meet each other. Either to watch movie, have dinner, or spend sometimes together.
until Athena said wants to do something special tonight, more than usual, cause the birthday is tomorrow.

And now, in front of the mirror, Duke thinks, this is it, this is the right moment. As a man, I will propose.
We suppose to meet in the fanciest restaurant in the town, and I will propose under the stars.
Athena : "Duke, this is a great restaurant. It's quite expensive isn't it?"
Duke : "Price is not the most important thing, compare to your birthday"
Athena : "That's the sweetest thing a man ever said to me. Thanks Duke"
In the end of the night, as he plans, he takes Athena to the rooftop of the resto.
Athena : "The sky is clear, look at the stars, they are very pretty"
Duke : "Just like your name"
Athena : "Hey wait a second, what are you doing?"
Duke bend the knees and hand a box. "Open it, and said it out loud. would you marry me?"
Athena : "Oh Duke please, you know I can't marry to you."
Duke : "Just because you are someone's lover, doesn't mean I can't marry you right?"
Athena : "It's not just that. I'm not pretty as my name. Sorry, I couldn't give the best answer in this lovely moment"
Duke : "I don't care about you're not being pretty, about you're even belong to someone. All I want is to be with you."
Athena : "I'm so sorry. I like you too Duke, but just a friend to chat with. Sorry if I make you disappointing. I have a fiancee and I will marry her in the next three months."
Duke never feel that broken-heart.
He is speechless. He never got rejection before. But here, for the first time, he is rejected. By a guy, who just pretty by his goddess name, Athena.

"You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it."

Miss you Duke,

-lune-



No comments:

Post a Comment